Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Holy cow I'm blogging so much!

Know why? Cause both my babies go to bed at 8:00! Hallelujah! And Leah is napping better during the day too. It has opened a whole new world. (Leah used to go to bed at 11:00). And now Ross is gone again Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday until 10:00pm. So I've got a lot more time on my hands.

So we've got some exciting news! Ross just got hired as an auditor for computer systems, working for the OIG. (Office of Inspector General). Turns out government jobs are pretty great! He gets to go to Washington, D.C. on occasion as well, and his first excursion is next week! And probably again a week after that! How lucky is that? For him anyway. Kinda stinks for me. So we're really excited to have a 'real' job. But the bummer is he is still going to school full time, which is why I don't see him at all during the first part of the week.

Also equally exciting: because Ross has a good job, and because we want to take advantage of the tax credit, we have been in the market for a house. And... we put in an offer on one we love! It is a 'short-sale', which means its on the road to forclosure, and it can take up to 45 days to hear what their response is. It kinda needs a lot of work, but it has great potential and lots of room. I've become far too attached already I know, especially cause I'm thinking the odds are about 50/50 that they'll accept our offer. I guess there is no opportunity to counter either, since the bank is in charge. I'm trying to remind myself that if they don't accept it, it is not the house for us.

In other news, Leah found her toes!


(p.s. I think baby legwarmers are super cute)

Man, she is such a cute little peanut. She has become such a content and happy little baby. Ethan on the other hand. He has come full swing into his tantrum-throwing toddlerhood. Holy cow. I have to prepare myself for at least one melt-down a day. Some are worse than others. I have found that if I give him a REALLY long time to prepare himself, like starting to tell him that it's time to go 20 minutes before we actually go, or saying it's time for bed soon when he still has 30 minutes before bedtime, that helps. Or tricking him into thinking something is his idea. That works too sometimes. He's been sick lately so his tantrums have multiplied in intensity and frequency. That is tough to take. It's hard to know what is normal behavior, and what is a result of mediocre parenting. Ah well. Still love him lots.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Your kids are sooooooo cute! Where is the job? I hope you get your house!!!! I'll cross my fingers for you.

Amanda said...

That is so exciting you're able to buy a house! I really hope this one works out for you. And I'm super jealous, but I won't go into that. :)
I guarantee Ethan's tantrums are not the result of mediocre parenting. Two-year-olds are just grumpy.

Lonna said...

Hooray for the job, and yeah for a new house. James and I put in two offers that were short-sales, we didn't get either, but seeing as you have already mentally drawn up the renovation plans in your head I hope that it works out for you.

I too think that the baby leg warmers are so darling, and how fun that she found her toes, It amazes me how fast they grow and change.

I love that little Ethan, and it is true that tantrums are a part of the two's and three's...we will see what happens at four, there has to be a break somewhere right?

Oh and congrats on the 8:00pm bed time for the kids. This year at the fall time change we started putting our kids down 30 minutes earlier and so we went from the 8:00 to 7:30 and sometimes they actually go down at 7:00pm. You gotta get something out of how early it gets dark. Ahhh blessed bed times, I just love schedules sometimes.

Becky said...

I agree, the leg warmers are so cute! That is so excited about your potential house. It would be so great to have your own place.

Shanicherie said...

Requesting a new post! Gotta see those adorable kiddies!

Katy Kathryn said...

I'm glad you're blogging a lot more now. I will be too, and I will also be reading blogs. I am doing this in an effort to kick my addiction to facebook. I think blogs are a better way of getting an idea of whats going on in your life. I'm going to write you an email response soon!