Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leah's birthday

Leah's 2nd birthday was last Sunday.  What a lucky mom I am to have her in my life.  And I mean that, even though she climbs on everything, destroys most things, and empties everything else.   She's got such a sassy little personality.  But I just look at her in awe.  Like how does this cute little being belong to me?  And when she sees my anger rising over something Ethan has done, she reaches up to my cheek, strokes it and says in a soft sing-song voice, "it o-tay mommy, o-tay."  She is very ornery for about 30 minutes after she wakes up from her nap, but otherwise is a pretty happy girl.  She fights tooth and nail for her toys though, and that is a pretty big source of conflict between her and Ethan.. and other friends.

We kept it a low key day, except that Ross and I were in the kitchen most of the day cooking dinner.  I feel kind of guilty for not spending as much time with her on her birthday, but at least she was happy and  seemed to have a good time anyway.  I made her an over-the-top crown out of felt for her to wear, just for fun.  And I made that little yellow dress too.  It actually worked and fit when I needed it to!  It makes me want to try more.  It's the June bug dress from Craftiness is not Optional


Thanks Grandma, for acting so excited about her dollar bin present!





 I love all of these pictures.  Mostly because I love all of the people in them.  





Thanks, Uncle Sam, for helping Leah blow out her candles.


And thanks Grandpa, for not only not stopping Leah from sticking her finger in the cake, but encouraging her to do so.  :)


Thanks to the Honey's, for being willing to make the trip; and sorry for having to spend more time on the road than actually visiting.   Love you guys!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Her dress is adorable! Well done!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, Leah!

Great job on the dress, Lauren!

The Cunninghams said...

that cakes looks delicious! Leah looks so happy, I'm glad she enjoyed the day.