Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mitzi's Shower

I got to co-host a baby shower for our dear friend Mitzi a couple of weeks ago.  Little Audrey is doing so well, and after she recovers from her surgery next week, she should get to come home from the hospital! Yay!  This has been such a long haul for them I'm sure (since early November last year), and I'm so glad they'll get to have their sweet baby girl home with them soon.

My friend Susan chose a "You Are My Sunshine" theme, which I thought was super cute and pretty much perfect.  We had lots of yellow going on in the house.

Susan, Me, Mitzi, and Carrie:

Party favors were a diy goodie bag full of yellow candies.
We were busy taking everything down before I realized I hadn't taken a single picture of the decorations!  So here's the living room with only half of the stuff up, 
but I stole a few pictures from Susan to compensate.
It's probably obvious, but we set up a photo booth in
 my bedroom for the guests to write a little message to Mitzi/Audrey.  That was fun.

Thanks again girls, for letting me host with you!


Photo credit: I stole the 6th, 8th, and 10th pictures from Susan.  Thanks Susan!

2 comments:

Beth said...

So this has totally inspired me to do Elsie's first birthday party as a yellow/You are my sunshine party. She has the cutest print in her room of a sun with that phrase. Hope you don't mind me stealing your pretty party ideas!

Also, where did you get your drink dispenser? I have been looking for something like that and haven't found quite what I want.

Lauren said...

That would definitely be a fun first birthday party! We were actually using my friend's drink dispenser; I'm not sure where she got it. Sorry!