Sunday, October 7, 2012

The big 29

Ross had another birthday on the 5th!  He does a lot for us and I thought I'd show a few projects he's done over the last couple of years or so.   I don't want to be super mushy... but I do want him to know that I feel super lucky to have him.  (For a lot more reasons than just that he builds stuff.)


So when we re-vamped the kids room a few months ago, Ross built 1- their bunk beds in the closet, 2- some storage shelves because we had nowhere to put their toys, and 3- this desk in the corner that we thought would be fun for them to have.  I still need to paint their desk! Especially now that they've colored all over it.  


The biggest project he's done (besides the bathroom) is the shelving in the family room.  These have made an appearance in the background of other pictures on the blog, but I haven't really talked about them.  It has made such a huge difference!  He did a really fantastic job.  This picture was taken a couple months ago, I have since filled up all of the shelves.  
I was trying to find a before picture and this was the best I could do.  That wall behind Ethan with the TV is the same wall in the photo above!
He also built those storage benches/ottoman.  They were actually his first project.

He also makes most of the dessert in the house.  I should post pictures of all the cakes he's made, but that's too much work. :)

I'm really grateful for his love, and his support.  And for everything he does for us!  I couldn't have asked for a better match.    

3 comments:

The Cunninghams said...

Happy, happy birthday Ross!

Carrie said...

I'm always so impressed by how handy Ross is. Happy Birthday!

Tannie Smith said...

Wow, what a handy productive guy! Happy Birthday Ross. :-)